The new (virtual) reality in medical care
We’re always happy to see you and your children in our office, where we can do a thorough examination, answer any of your questions, discuss your child’s health, growth and development, and go over lab results. Most of the time, these are things that we do during regular office visits. There are times, however, when you just can’t get into the office for an in-person visit.
To help during these times, we have a very good alternative called “telehealth.” If you would like to see a doctor but can’t come in, call the office and set up a “virtual visit” using our zoom-based telehealth service. This is also now our preferred way to answer ANY of the questions usually answered by phone -- the big ones and the simple ones as well.
We find that these visits work particularly well for any of the following issues:
• Questions about feeding infants
• Handling behavioral issues at any age
• Refilling prescriptions or discussing medication
•Handling minor illnesses where an office visit isn’t absolutely necessary
• Helping determine if an office visit is needed
• Discussing lab results
• Ordering lab tests, including Covid-19 testing
• Managing chronic conditions, such as asthma, skin conditions, gastrointestinal problems (constipation, diarrhea)
... And many, many more. In other words, instead of picking up the phone, pick up your smart phone or your computer mouse.
Thankfully, you don’t have to be a computer whiz to do this. Just call the office and our staff can “walk you” through the simple steps.
Home Meet the Docs Information News Myths Where to find us